Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Change forever!

Well hello everyone! I apologize for taking so long to update my blog. It’s been very hectic of late.  Please know that I’m still persevering in my weight loss efforts. It’s been about 3 months and I have now lost 18 pounds. I’m very happy about the loss but also happy that I’ve found a way of life that I can live with daily. 

I’ve tried new products from the Linda’s Diet Delites website, but have not found anything that I like better than the original brownie and blueberry muffin that I first tried. I’m able to buy lunch at Subway and Wendy’s, but I bring my lunch most of the time. If I eat at Subway or Wendy’s, I do not eat the bread. I found low carb (3 net carbs each) tortillas at Walmart (Carb Smart makes them), and I have been thrilled. I use them as my “bread” instead of the Subway bread, etc. I use two of them to make chicken quesadillas (one of my favorite meals). I really haven’t missed the sugar or high-carb foods too much. Once a week, I eat one high-carb meal. It makes me happy and my body seems to respond with some additional weight loss since I started this. I have heard of carb-cycling…maybe this is part of that…but for whatever reason, it works for me. 

I’m still exercising but had to throw in some cardio as well. I use a workout DVD several times a week. 

I thank God daily for the support He provides me. Things are still stressful, but leaning on God is easier than trying to manage everything myself. My self-management led to 40 extra pounds…God’s management has led to an 18 pound weight loss. It’s not hard to tell Who is the better leader!

My daily mantra is:  Believe in God; Trust the progress; Change forever! (from Bob Harper and Jan Carlo). Take care everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Almost halfway there! keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Jan! You're looking good too:) "My self-management led to 40 extra pounds…God’s management has led to an 18 pound weight loss. It’s not hard to tell Who is the better leader!" THANKS FOR THE REMINDER OF WHO'S IN CHARGE!

    ReplyDelete