Friday, May 23, 2014

Discipline: Easier Said than Done



Hello dear friends - lovely weather for the last week. I’ve been enjoying getting outside in the sunshine.  Since my last message, I’ve lost 2 lbs. The key to weight loss is perseverance. There will always be obstacles and things that will take you off track…but success comes as long as you stay focused on the long-term goal and don’t let short-term issues discourage you. I have to remind myself of that daily.

I also have to remind myself that transformation comes from training, not trying. Trying to do something is vague and without a true plan. Training requires patience, discipline, and a willingness to “stick with it.” To lose weight, there must be more than a desire to change. There must be a willingness to change, and a process is required. My process is minor changes in my diet; increasing my exercise; getting more sleep; decreasing stress; and prayer. I know that God is eager to help in times of need and that I can do nothing apart from Him. I also know that God wants me to be strong physically, as well as spiritually. All of this requires discipline.

Discipline is easy to say, but hard to put into practice for food addicts. But discipline will enable me to be the person God wants me to be so that I can fulfill his vision for my life. So I must step outside of my comfort zone and take on the challenges that are required to live my life at a healthy weight…with exercise being my hardest challenge. However, on the days that I fit extra exercise into my schedule, my body feels good; my mind knows I have the strength I need for tougher challenges in the future; and my soul feels more alive, energized and joyful knowing that I’m becoming the person I’m meant to be!

Treat Tip: I found a new no-sugar-added popsicle, Budget Saver Monster Pops, at Walmart this past week. It has 40 calories and is very refreshing. It’s a combo of strawberry, orange, and banana and the package states it’s a “slushed” popsicle….the only thing I know is that it tastes good and is refreshing. Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments! J

No comments:

Post a Comment